What you to need to know on resumption of worship in church
- Volunteers to sanitize after Mass. We cannot overemphasize how important it is that many of you volunteer to do this. We want enough help to do this thoroughly but also reasonably quickly. We will provide all the cleaning supplies. We want to have enough volunteers to create a rotating schedule so that those whiteo do step up don't have to commit to more than one (1) Mass a week. If you are able bodied and can manage a bucket and rag, you can do this.
- Volunteers to help usher before Mass. Our usher compliment is older & many 65+, we will need more, male & female. If you can be friendly and guide someone to a seat you are qualified.
- Until otherwise announced all Masses will be at Our Lady of Lourdes.
- Capacity in church is limited by state & county & diocesan directives.
- Check your temperature before you leave home. Don't attend services if you have a fever or symptoms such as fever, cough, chills, sore throat, difficulty breathing or other symptoms of illness that could be transmitted or compromise your health.
- Stay at home if you have been exposed to a case od COVID-19 or traveled to an area that requires a quarantine upon your return. If you have tested positive stay at home until cleared by your doctor.
- It is recommended that persons age 65 and older or those at risk due to other health conditions stay at home.
- It is recommended that pre-school age children remain at home.
- Bring a mask or face covering & wear it.
- Maintain social distance (6') while entering church, while in church & exiting church.
- Be prepared for an usher to guide you to your pew. You will be assigned a seat rather than sitting where you might choose.
- Communion Distribution: only under the form of the Sacred Body. You are strongly encouraged to receive Communion in the hand during this time and as an act of charity toward the minister of Communion. Follow the directions given by the celebrant. Sanitize your hands prior to reception. After receiving the host, lift your mask with one hand & consume the host with the other.
- Wait until the end of Mass to leave. Follow the direction of your ushers who will guide you to your exit.
- Maintain social distancing while exiting & walking to your vehicle.
- Refrain from stopping as you exit church or on your way to your vehicle. Maintain a continuous path to your vehicle.
- Remember that we are able to gather as a community of faith, it is not going be the same experience of Mass as we are used to, but we will be at Mass, we will be together and have the opportunity to receive Eucharist. For now, that needs to be enough.
- Let's strive for progress as we move forward, not perfection. Patience & charity are the virtues to extend & practice. Pray for the day when we can come together in a more familiar way.
God bless you & thank you for following these guidelines!